Sunday, July 24, 2016

Reading, Writing, and Technology Updates

I've been going back and forth between technologies lately:  working on my computer, reading on my tablet, trying to figure out a new phone; then writing longhand with my fountain pens in journals, reading actual books, and gardening.
Doesn't get a whole lot lower tech than digging weeds out of the garden and chopping up tree branches.
The adventure of setting up and getting used to a new device isn't quite the nightmare it once was, but there's still the fun of remembering where all your passwords are, and what they are, and getting them into the apps on the new device, because of course, THOSE don't transfer over with all your other data from your old device.
Loving the new phone so far.  Like the edge display at night that shows time at low light level.  Will be useful to not have to wake up the phone to see the time when staying somewhere anymore.  (Not that I'll be traveling as much now that Mom's gone. Well, there are always con trips, and we MIGHT get to make a couple more of those, who knows?)

So many things going on, so little time to organize my head enough to write.
It's been horribly HOT lately!  (Well, it IS July!)

The new phone has settled in well, I am enjoying all the new fountain pens, there is a set of four out there that still hasn't shown up.  (Hello, Amazon?  That particular supplier needs to be on your naughty list... all the other Chinese pens have shown up promptly, even early!)

We went with friends to see Star Trek Beyond tonight  It's actually pretty good.  It isn't classic Star Trek,  not by a long shot, but the spirit of the original is closer in this one, the assertion that unity is our strength, and that the impossible is not really quite so impossible if we work together.  Differences are to be valued, and some sacrifices are worth making.   I felt the overall message of this one was more hopeful than the first two.  The humor was spot on, exactly the sparring and smartass remarks our familiar crew was known for. 

This post has been over a week in the making, and I am still finding it difficult to get my brain to stay here and write what needs to be written.  Grass pollen is high, and so my sinuses are in full revolt (ing) mode.  Stuffy, painful, itchy, the whole works.  The medications help, but the block-headed feeling is still there.
All this has also made my voice work interesting, to say the least.  If I start out all right, either the low range or the high range will end up with crap landing on it.  Sometimes it's the middle range, which REALLY makes singing a pain.  I just wish it would clear up and stay cleared up.

In other news, I got my hair cut again on Thursday.  Really short again, and it feels wonderful in this heat.  Of course, if the hot flashes and night sweats could stop, that would be great, but I won't hold my breath. 

Tomorrow is Monday once again, and so starts another busy week.  Here's hoping I get some sleep between the stuffy sinuses and the hot flashes, and the headache that threatens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!