Sunday, February 16, 2014

Normal? What Exactly Does That Look Like?

I have had much disruption of my standard routine lately.  This makes me VERY unhappy.  Also mainly unhappy because the reason for the disruption is that I have been ill. I almost NEVER get really sick, almost never go to the doctor for anything but regular checkups.
This last two weeks plus have been an exception.  I caught what I thought was just the little sinus cold that's been going around.  Maybe, but it brought a bacterial infection along for the ride.  Soon as I started feeling better, wham!  Down again.  So, I went to the doctor.  Antibiotics, a short course.  Take the last one tomorrow.  Thought I was done with this stuff, but at 5am, I woke up with a splitting headache so bad it made me nauseous.  THAT almost NEVER happens.  (Cast iron stomach here, only ever get nauseous when my inner ear gets messed up.  Sinus blockage. )  So, I took Tylenol and decongestant, and Pepto, and it finally went away.  Have been walking on eggshells all day, keeping the  hydration up, eating very carefully, taking more Tylenol when I really need it.

So, I haven't been to church in I can't remember how long because of either weather, my sinuses, or both, and even though I've made it to work, I have not been able to get as much done around here as I would like because work wears me out more than usual.  Also, my workouts have suffered, though I have managed to at least walk every day for the last several days.  Need to get back to my daily elliptical sessions AND daily walks.  Still have some weight to lose.

If I remember correctly, when I feel normal, I have a lot more energy than I have had lately.  I can handle my job and my housework and my workouts, no problem.  In fact, the workouts usually energize me.  Not these last two and a half weeks. I get wiped out pretty quickly.  Things have been better since I saw the doc, but I am keeping my follow up appointment on the 25th, just to make sure things are clearing up.  At least my neck is no longer sore to the touch, and the glands aren't so swollen. 

One thing that is normal is my friends and coworkers.  They keep me going, cheer me up, make me laugh. 
Some day soon, I suppose things will get back to what passes for normal around here. 
I can dream, can't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!