Saturday, November 30, 2013

Random Saturday Stuff

Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Not doing as bad with the weight as I thought.  Only up to 138.6 from 136.6 a couple weeks ago.  Now, if I can drop again between now and Christmas, I might just make my goal weight before my birthday.  (I can dream, can't I?)
Above are my teapots and some serving pieces.
Some of my crystal and china in the dining room hutch.

I have more sets of dishes in this house than you would believe.  There's service for 16 in the Noritake china that we picked out when we were married.  No way will I ever be able to fit 16 people in this house for a sit-down dinner.  I have service for four in several sets of stoneware, including TWO Blue Willow sets, a Pfaltzgraf pattern that is discontinued (Grandma's Kitchen), some random stuff from Pier One, and a set of Corelle that's seen better days. When a heavy train goes by, this house sounds like a crystal chandelier in a breeze.  There is also a large set of Longchamps pattern lead crystal in the hutch.  I guess I have a weakness for dishes and stemware.  Flatware, too, evidently, as I have four sets of that.  (One silver plate, the rest stainless.)

Sorting laundry, commencing to wash it.  Thankful to have clothes to wear, astounded at how MANY pieces of clothing two people go through in one week. Five loads of laundry, not counting two loads of towels I will have to do also.  Good thing we have energy and water saving appliances.

This Saturday I feel much better than I did last Saturday.  Last week, I was just feeling down and blue for no good reason that I can identify. I had to work, but I love my job, and my coworkers, and some of our customers.  It wasn't just being at work.  Maybe it was the shifting weather and the cold.  My fingers do ache sometimes when the cold moves in.  However, my online friends and my coworkers did a lot to cheer me up as the day went on.  Funny things and messages of support and caring pulled me out of the dumps.  The one great boon of social media is that it does allow one to take one's friends along on life's oh, so daily journey. You run the risk of boring people, but your real friends won't mind, and will rally when you need them.  Blessed to have so many good friends. 

On to making birthday cards for fellow library staffers.  This is often fun, especially if I know the person fairly well and can tailor-make a card just for them.  The fact that so many of us are Whovians, Star Trek fans, and Potter heads makes it easier. There are a few interesting possibilities among the December birthdays...

Still have some Nerdy Dozen blog posts to write so I can finish this round on time.  Astonishing fact is, I finished the first ever round early, and have had to roll this term over to the new one.  Guess my Nerdy Life got in the way!  (Convention in Dallas, trip to my Mom's, I was way too busy organizing myself to get any Nerdy Dozening done.)  I should be forgiven for the convention trip.  After all, that is a VERY Nerdy activity.  AND I got to meet Ron Perlman and two of my fellow fans.  If that ain't nerd cred, I don't know what is. 


I'm off to finish laundry and birthday cards.  Thanks for reading, be glad I got the off-the-cuff poetry out of my system already today.  You have been spared.  Be thankful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!