Saturday, November 30, 2013

Addendum to the Previous Post

I was not mentioning all the dishes, etc to gloat over having them.  Rather, I find myself mystified by the fact that I have them.  I know I like such things, but really, how did I end up with so many?  And this lot is greatly reduced from what I had a few years ago.  Much has been donated to charity in the name of clearing some space around here. 
Things are pleasant to have and often very useful, too.  People are more important.  A lot of the things I have remind me of the people who gave them to me.  Teapots that belonged to my Mom, especially the one she used to steep the strong tea in that she used to make iced tea in the summers of my childhood.  The wedding china, some received as wedding gifts, some purchased when Matt found a close out sale at Rhein-Main just in time for our fifth anniversary. Some of the flatware was acquired because we neglected to put any in the things we would have with us immediately upon arriving at our new duty station.  So, off to the store in order to have something other than plastic forks to eat with for the several months it took to get our household goods.

The birthday cards are all made, more than half the laundry is done, folded, and put away, I have made headway on things I need to read, and all in all, I have had a good Saturday.
Except for the news that a friend is ill.  Have added her to my prayers, and the list of a prayer group I regularly participate in. 
Our friends are the true decorations of this home, their smiles what make it bright.  Even those who only enter through their delightful presence on our social media screens.  They still matter, they are still counted friends.  May God grant my friend swift healing, and peace of mind, and the ability to retain her health.  Lord, in Your mercy,
Hear our prayer.

Tomorrow is the First Sunday of Advent, the Season of Preparation for Christmas.  I am going to go dig out the Advent wreath and the candles.  Pictures shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!