Friday, January 1, 2016

Vacation Observations

No matter how few actual plans I have for a day off, I will rarely complete everything I plan to complete.  Largely because I fall into a book or story, or sleep too late.

Bad weather really does depress me sometimes.  Especially if it keeps me in the house when I'd like to go out and walk.

I have gotten old in at least one way.  I am now afraid of falling.  Walking on wet sidewalks makes me nervous now..  Ever since I fell and damaged my hamstring this summer, I have been VERY circumspect about where and how fast I walk.

No matter how well paid you are for your work, if you, like me, are a poor financial planner, you will never have enough money when you think you should.

Cold weather makes sitting in one spot and reading all day even more attractive than hot weather makes it.

Cleaning the house always takes longer than I think it will because I always end up distracted by a job I didn't think of when I decided to clean.

Every year I expect New Year's Eve to be less of a drag, but it nearly always is a drag anyway.  (We just aren't the party sort.)

The sinus headache really doesn't care that it's your day off, or that it's a holiday.  It just shows up and makes you miserable no matter what.

Even with all the social media sites and news sites I follow, I STILL feel like I'm out of the loop on a lot of things...

It's odd that I can understand most Scottish people just fine, as long as they aren't actually speaking Gaelic or one of the far Northern dialects.  I only knew a couple of Scottish people from church growing up, and I have one Scottish friend now.  Other people need subtitles or something, and I just don't see why...

I have too many interests that I want to pursue,and no time to do more than dabble in any of them except singing.  (Lessons for that, so MUST work on it - I'm held accountable.) I have a  very nice bohdran, and I'd like to learn to play it, but no lessons.  I also have taken ten years of piano lessons in my mis-spent youth, and haven't practiced nearly enough EVER.  I need to get back to daily scales and chords and fingering drills.  (Gotta find the lesson books buried somewhere...)

I thought I had a few things saved up to add to this, but they have flown. 

My mind is like a steel trap.  One with a bad spring!

I have hope that perhaps the New Year can bring some positive changes, and a chance to pursue the things I need to pursue.

Joy, hope, peace and love to all of you in the year ahead!  Thanks so much for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!