Saturday, January 16, 2016

Annother Compilation Of Odd Places My Mind Goes...

I wonder if modern, mostly city dwelling kids realize that owls are real, and not just a part  of the Harry Potter universe?

We go along every day taking SO MANY people for granted.  Then someone dies, either someone close to us, or someone famous, and we realize, if we love somebody, love their work, their style, the fact that they exist, we should tell them RIGHT NOW.  Tomorrow it may be too late.

For once I can let someone I love go with very little regret.  Mom was leaving very slowly over the last several years, but at least she knew she was VERY loved.  I told her every time I talked to her, and so did all the other kids.  She's got all her marbles back again, and she's with Pop and most of her own family again, so it's hard to be sad.  Except that I'll miss her.  Even though I was kind of missing her already.

Not everybody on Social Media is out to self-promote or be a phony.  I've found some real friends there.  Some of them I've even met in person. Not phony.  Down to earth, caring, and good people. Don't be too cynical.  A little bit is ok, but don't overdo it.  Not EVERYBODY is a fraud.

The odds that the keys are in the very bottom of your handbag are directly proportional to how big of a hurry you are in to find them, and how big the handbag is.


I cannot be trusted around any store, online or otherwise that sells lingerie.  Not if I have a credit card.

I REALLY cannot be trusted in any store, online or otherwise, that sells books. If I have a credit card, cash, or both, I will spend more than I should on books.  ALWAYS.

If it's not one thing, it's your mother.  For your whole life. Even after she's gone.

After 10 years of private piano instruction, and a college general music theory class, why I am now having trouble remembering the step number of each note in a scale when called upon to do so?  Tell you the note's name, probably not a problem if I know where I started, but number it, or give it the correct do re mi designation?  Nope.  Brain is having a hard time twisting itself around this one.

When my feelings are near the surface, when I am in need of special care, I tend to be more caring for others.  I must be a grown up at last.  Found myself going out of my way for my customers today, walking them back to IS with their questions, taking them to the shelf if I knew where to find what they wanted, generally being glad these people are my neighbors and customers.

Quiet words from a friend can be more healing than anything else when you need them.  God bless those of you who reach out in love.  Even when you are far away, I feel hugged, and cared for, and loved.  Thank you.

Few things are as satisfyingly good as pizza and beer.  They just go together so well...

Has anybody else in BATB fandom realized that all the Tunnel dwellers seem to have shoulder pads in their clothes?  Ah, the 80s.  Priceless, weren't they?


Even though I like the idea of travel, the actual practice annoys the crap out of me.  I dislike having to deal with airports, crowds, and the anxiety that it will all go horrendously wrong somehow...

Doughnuts are a real vice of mine.  I only have them about three times a year, because otherwise, I'd weigh 300 pounds.  Or I'd never do anything but eat doughnuts and exercise like crazy.
That said, few things are as truly wonderful on a relaxing weekend morning than fresh doughnuts and coffee.... ah.  Simple pleasures.

The problem with my food record app is that there's no way to record "Shameful ice cream binge", or "WAAAY too many doughnuts".

What's with the "Forever 21" thing?  I know it's a store, but I can't help but think, I wouldn't WANT to be forever 21.  It was the 80s, and I was a self- involved little shit then.  (With weird hair and shoulder pads.)

When I do my nails, it always takes longer than I think it will.

Sometimes, you just have to watch a really funny movie to give yourself permission to laugh.

All things must come to an end.  I suppose this list is no exception.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!