Wednesday, December 10, 2014

As The Second Week of Advent Begins

 I STILL haven't started on the Christmas Cards, and I have not done any more decorating.  This year, things feel like they are really getting away from me.  There are no lists made, so I am adrift.
Yesterday, I did a bit more decorating.   The Christmas cards are still sitting untouched on the corner of my desk.  There are songs I should rehearse, for a recital is coming.  I should think about the few gifts I intend to buy, and the tree still needs to go up.
There has been a bit of bah, humbug! about our house this year.   We do not have children,  so there's no one counting on us to do the holidays up big.  However, we DO have our small traditions,  and I will likely put up the tree, we will have a good dinner on Christmas Eve, probably smoked brisket this year, and we will go sing at church as usual.
I have been trying new things lately.  I've found a stylus that actually works with the Android phone and both tablets.  Since it makes typing on the phone easier,  I am using it to test the mobile Blogger app for this post.  I can add photos directly from the phone this way, I hope.
I have added photos of the Christmas lights, the decorations up in the house so far, (including Baby Jesus hiding out in the shot glass in the drawer of the liquor cabinet so we don't lose him before Christmas Eve.)  There's also a shot of tonight's sunset with pretty contrails through the clouds, and a picture of these styluses . (Styli?)
That's about all I got tonight.  More as the season progresses.
Sunset from the library parking lot this evening.  Lovely bright contrails.
The Christmas lights this year.
Decorations here
Decorations there,
Decorations on the mantle,
Manger on the piano, awaiting Baby Jesus
Baby Jesus waiting safely in the liquor cabinet until Christmas Eve
The beautiful, useful styli. Also ballpoint pens.




So, now that I have saved what I typed on the phone, I had to come back to the desktop interface to finish it up properly for posting.  I could post short bits from the phone, with maybe one picture, but for my usual posts, the desktop with my trusty keyboard and more powerful text editor are going to be my tools of choice. 
As for the Christmas decorations and our unusual seasonal ennui, I guess I'll just have to work on it!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!