Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our House Is Now Catless

Once again our house is without cats.  Our friends have found a place to rent while their house is rebuilt, and our little refugees went home with their rightful owners this evening.  I will miss them.  I will NOT miss cleaning up the litter  box five or six times a day. I will miss Peabody "talking" to us, and Lulu telling us it's time to go to bed already, but I will NOT miss being walked on all night, and awakened at 4 am every single day for some reason known only to Lulu.
There's Lulu in the window in my office.  I will miss seeing a kitty in my window once in a while.
They have really been pretty good house guests.  They have entertained us, and challenged us, and given us a precious gift.  A way to help our friends out in a tough situation.  Knowing the cats were safe and happy with us meant a lot, I know, while Ralph and Julie were looking for a place to live. 

Here's Mr. Peabody lounging on our bed.  That's a queen-size bed, by the way.  And he isn't even really stretched out.  Imagine sharing that bed with him, another human, and Lulu, and you will see why I haven't been sleeping too well lately.  (Not just the excess Diet Coke I've been consuming.)

I really will miss them, but the good news is, I can go visit them.  And I don't have to clean the litter box.  Maybe some day there will be another kitty that needs to be ours, but not just yet.  We know we will never have a dog as good as Bear, and it hurts too much still to think about another dog, but another cat might be okay.  Someday.  Still won't be Skye, but might still like Opera.  Mr. Peabody does.  He came running for almost any Mozart I sang, not just the one aria Skye always loved.
Well, it's late, and even though Lulu isn't here telling me so, I know it's time to head for bed.
Hope all is well and happy in your worlds tonight.
As Ever,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!