Saturday, June 4, 2016

Life Among the General Muddle

It seems to me lately that I am trying to function around my own, and everyone else's clutter.  My desk and my office in general are full of "stuff".  A lot of it is stuff I use, stuff I really like, or stuff I don't know what else to do with.
I suppose I shall have to take some time and sort it all out soon, but that's going to be a muddle all its own...

Then, there are the time muddles.  I have a medical issue that they doctor would like more information about.  (A diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound, to be specific.)  The soonest I could schedule one was this coming Monday.  At work yesterday, I got a call saying the tech won't be in that day, can we reschedule.  So, now it's next Friday.  Guess I should be relieved that the doc didn't want to RUSH this.  Must mean they don't think it's serious.  On the other hand, what if it IS?  I've just wasted time doing nothing when they could have been taking care of this whatever it is.  (I agree that it's most likely not serious, though.  I just have a feeling about it.  Still nerve-wracking, though, to think there's something that really needs looked at...)



I realize how spoiled I've become
Since you are always here
I don't miss you anymore.
Only when something happens
That I know would make you laugh
THEN I miss you, and wish you were there
To share it.
I used to miss you every time
I came back to the house and you weren't there
Every time I sat down to a meal alone,
Every night when I went to bed
Because so often, you weren't there.
Now I am spoiled
Because more often than not, you are there,
And I am not alone.
It makes me dread
Ever being without you
Again.




At least the library isn't a muddle.  Summer has but barely begun, but still, we are clearing backlogs and keeping up with the sorting and shelving and checkins better than I remember us doing in many past years.  This is a very busy place in summer.


I very much fear that I am coming down with the sinus crud that's been going around.  My throat is scratchy, and I just feel "off".  Rats.  Tallulah will show up steal my voice, and she'll drink all the bourbon while she's at it!
Maybe a lemon chiffon cake martini wouldn't hurt... vitamin C after all...
 I gave in.  I made on.  Working on making it last.  LOVE the way they taste, all lemony and slightly sweet. Makes the throat feel LOTS better!

Lemon Chiffon Cake Martini - recipe by The Martini Diva

Sitting here among the clutter in my office, afraid to even try clearing any of it.  My sinuses have declared war on the rest of me, and I am become Snot, Slimer of Worlds.  SO, I will retreat to my reading corner with my little drink, and my something to read, and trouble you no more this night.  Maybe.
You never know.  I'm awfully needy sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!