Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friday Fussings



My FitBit looks like this one.
Well, maybe not all fussing.  Just observations.

I am glad that my little FitBit Fitness Tracker gives me little greetings when I first pick it up.  Sometimes, they are a bit odd, though.  It seems a bit needy as it has asked for a hug several times lately.  Given where I usually wear it (clipped to the center of my brassiere) this is a bit disturbing. It has also told me several times that it "luvs" me.  Nice to know, but I wasn't aware that a small motion detecting and recording device was capable of higher emotions. Again, perhaps it is just programmed to be needy.  It's had to keep up today.  I put in 90 minutes on the elliptical trainer, and that's a LOT of steps.  Also sorted out a lot of transit items and put away several hold items at work today.  The way I do it, it involves a bit of walking back and forth!  (I got used to not having a spare cart to put the transits on, so I just walk them over in batches, carrying them in my arms. I am always amazed at how many books, cds, and dvds I can carry at once.)

It was actually cool outdoors today.  I had to wear a sweater to work, and I had to wear a light jacket when I took my evening walk.  Autumn is definitely moving in.  It is a pleasant change from very hot, humid days we've been having.  Need a bit more moisture, but you can't have everything.  No leaves really turning yet, though a few trees are already dropping leaves. 

Got some appreciation from a coworker for one of my "extra" jobs that I do at work.  Nice that people notice and care. 

Have to do battle with technology for work.  I am going to have to do some learning about this technology at home so that I stand a better chance of not screwing up at work.  This is a big adventure and a real foray out of my comfort zone for me.  Pushing myself.  Stretching.  I keep telling myself it's a good thing...

So, now that I've written this much, the brain is going awol.  It would appear that it is after midnight, and for some reason, I'm sleepy.  Go figure. 

Once upon a midnight creepy,
I sat trying to type and feeling sleepy.
Attempting to write inspired verse,
I ended up with something more like a curse.
And all the while there was a tapping,
As of fingers gently typing,
Tapping on my computer's keys.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!