Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Observations and Musings


The man stands there, looking out at the world.
His face, isn't especially striking,
But there is something there
That draws your eye.
Perhaps the weariness
The sadness at all he's seen
One thing after the other over the years,
But also the gleam of hope
Because he's seen good things happen, too.


Pentecost again.
Reminding us that the Spirit is with us
Always
Strange that we need reminding
But that's the way we Christians tend to be
Forgetful of the important things
Some of us too full of ourselves,
Others too busy judging everyone else,
And some of us just plodding along doing the best
We can.
Good sermon today,
Telling us it isn't that WE need the words or the actions
To show others how God is,
But rather that we need to shut up
And let God speak through us,
Showing others by doing
The right thing,
The kind thing,
The difficult thing,
The thing requiring discomfort,
And love,
And forgiveness.
Even if that means
We have to forgive ourselves.



We have a new doorbell. It doesn't ring in the house, it rings our phones.  We can see who's there no matter WHERE we are, and we can take their picture.  It senses motion, too, so it can do that whether they ring the bell or not.  Kinda freaky, and it goes off sometimes when the neighbor's dog comes cruising by, or the feral cat from down the street...
We got the sensitivity adjusted, now it just sees people who come up to the house.  Except the UPS man runs too fast for it to catch him...


I think I may need a lingerie intervention. I bought two more Panache bras this week. I already have SEVERAL.  They are all different styles, though, only one or two types do I have more than one color of...
And in spite of the cost, my husband does NOT seem to mind...

The June bugs (who are always early, it's still MAY, for God's sake!)  are out there bopping into my window and buzzing on the sill, dive-bombing the  driveway light, and generally being a poorly guided nuisance.

 As the weather fronts battle it out in the atmosphere, my sinuses battle with whatever it is that they kick up and spread into the air.  The last few days have been just awful in terms of congestion, itchy eyes, and sinus headaches.  I am beginning to think Spring really sucks!

Trying to fight off "Con Brain."  Planning and packing lists running amok in my head!  I am sure I will take more clothes than I will wear,but at  least I'll be prepared for almost ANYTHING!!
Also, deciding how much of my over-the-counter medications to bring along is an interesting problem.  I don't take anything that is prescribed for me these days, but I do take aspirin, antihistamine, and Muscinex almost daily right now...

Whatever I did to deserve these hot flashes, I'm SORRY already!  Please make them STOP!!  I am getting tired of feeling like I'm about to sweat through my clothes for no apparent reason, and sometimes burning up like that makes me feel a bit dizzy, too.  It's so very distracting, AND I can't seem to go an entire night without waking up sweltering at least once.  I can 't do hormone replacement because of my blood pressure, so that remedy is out.  Think I'm gonna try sleeping in a tub of ice.

Things you hear in the library:  "Batman vs Superman?  A local kid with fancy hardware versus an alien with superpowers."


Perhaps it should trouble me that I talk back to a talking toy?  Whenever my "Thunderbird 2" that Matt bought me says "This is Thunderbird 2, mission complete, I'm on my way home."  I always answer "Thanks for the warning, Virgil."

It's cold outside, and cloudy, and threatening rain.  I have decided to be lazy and curl up with a cup of something and something to read.

Why do I always start yawning and feeling worn out when I have things I want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!