Monday, May 2, 2016

More Randomness

Almost silent, the squadron of pigeons flies across the yard
Bound for full feeders
And a space where starlings aren't gnarling all over the place,
And no Jays scold.

When breakfasting on the patio this time of year,
I am very lucky not to accidentally ingest one of those stupid winged seeds from the neighbors ' tree.  Very lucky if they don't land in my cereal, or my beverage. Those blasted things are extra pernicious this year.

Reading this philosophy book (Breakfast With Socrates,  by Robert Rowland Smith ) and reading a bit about Nietzsche - reflecting on the Philosopher's Song by Monty Python.  I conclude that Nietzsche would likely be a very loud, angry drunk.

Waiting for YouTube to upload and process videos is one of the longest, slowest, most boring things EVER.  Not as nerve-wracking as waiting for news in a hospital, but almost as exhausting.

 It seems there are geeky people out there who love the same oddball TV shows I do.  Thunderbirds are making a comeback on Amazon Video.  I am thrilled.

The Blogger app leaves a lot to be desired.  It should auto-save work just as the web version does.  I lost a very good poem today because I got interrupted before it could be saved.  I recreated it, sort of, but the first one was better, and it's gone.

What IS it with this year?  We keep losing artists and musicians and writers and actors, and my Mom, we'll likely lose Uncle FH, too, it's just awful.  I almost lost Matt, too.  2016 has GOT to stop with  being the Year Of Death.

So grateful that this storm season has spared my little city so far.  I just hope the trend continues for the entirety of the season.  We've paid our dues to the storm furies, we deserve a break!


I only seem to get motivated to write when it's time to go to bed. Here I am again, long past midnight, and I have to get up and be coherent tomorrow.


Plumbers and other professional repair personnel seldom show up during the hours they are scheduled to.  Another whole day down the tubes.

The upside is, the frost free faucet out front has been replaced with one that doesn't leak through the anti-siphon valve, and we have a new faucet in the vanity sink in the master bath.

I really do believe I would lose my head these days if it was not attached.  I have misplaced more things in the last few weeks than I'd care to think about.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!