Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Escape!

And it's off to the land
Inside my head again
I've had about all I can stand
Of the world outside my noggin.
In here there is no politics
No hatred spread,
No one so soul- sick
Or messed up in the head
As to say that evil is God's  will,
Or hatred a Christian value
None of that kind of swill
That is so far from the true.
Here it's all about love
And peace
And joy.
Why ever would I want
To live out there?

 If only that place was real
The one I dream about
Separate from this crazy world,
Known only to the trusted few
Who protect it with great zeal,
Where only love has any clout
Where division's banners are furled
And hearts are always true.

Or, the grander reality
Of a world far in the future
Where man avoids calamity
By learning to work together.
Together all humankind
Explore the vastness of space
Having discovered in time
That we really are ONE race.
The Human one.

Although I  would much prefer
To dwell only in these sorts of worlds,
I know that I must defer
To reality's dips and whirls.
I must do my best always
To make this world come around
At the end of these days
To be like the ideal I've found.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!