Friday, January 24, 2014

Thursday Night Thoughts

Another Thursday night, another long shift (for me) at the library.  Got a lot accomplished, and always enjoy my coworkers and our customers, but it's a LONG day for me when I start before 8 am with errands and appointments like I did today.  Surprised I still feel human. 
Maybe the respiratory goodness I had last week is finally completely gone.  (Or the cedar pollen has dropped way off...)
Have found a group I really enjoy listening to.  Pink Martini.  LOTS of good stuff, and not all the same.  Their music makes me feel good!
Here's a recording of What'll I Do made live in 2012.

Here's Get Happy recorded live in NYC

Ich Dich Liebe

Here's a gorgeous one: Yo Te Quiero Siempre


I just love listening to this group, as I said, the music makes me feel good.  They have some pieces that make you want to dance, too.
Una Notte A Napoli


In other news, there is a plot afoot, hatched by my oldest brother, to get all four of us kids together in Andalusia for Mom's 90th birthday in April.  That should be fun, I hope.  Haven't seen my brothers in forever, and only get to my sister and my Mom once a year when my sister and I go to do Mom's yard work.  This trip should be less work and more visit, I hope.

Got some random poem thoughts rambling around in my brain.  I may see if they'll come out to play.
Song Of Hope
By CK Armistead
January 23, 2014

The winter wind
Is trying to bite again
The cold has sharp fingers
To tug at our coats and scarves
It's bitterness lingers
And leaves us with scars.

Yet there is warmth to beguile
In the sweetness of your smile
Drives the dark away
Gives me a smile of my own
Makes the world less grey
Keeps my heart warm.

Your friendship is a gift
That helps the balance shift
From cold and lonely sadness
To warm and happy sharing
With laughter and gladness
Generosity and caring.

So though the wind is sere
And winter is still here
In my heart the song
Is reminiscent of Spring
And the warmth goes on
As long as we sing.



That's as polished as it gets tonight.  Mayhap I'll work on it another time. 
Thanks for staying around this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!