Saturday, September 19, 2015

Music Updates

I've added so much to my music collection since the last update, I don't even wanna try to figure out what's new. 
I'll just share what I'm listening to the most lately.

Tom Waits' Closing Time
I already owned a pretty comprehensive Tom Waits collection, but a couple of online friends recommended that I get this one.  They were right.  Lots of good stuff in here. 








The sound track from Amazon Originals' great new drama Hand Of God.  Not only is the theme song (by Fantastic Negrito) totally awesome, but the rest of the music used on the show is equally good.  A nice backdrop to desk work, and by the way, YOU BETTER GET ON AMAZON PRIME AND WATCH THE SHOW!!! 






Roll Away by Miss Brown To You (Featuring Louise Goldberg and Mary Reynolds)   These two musicians are friends of mine.  Lovely voices, beautiful people, and such uplifting music.  Give 'em a try, the album's on CDBaby and iTunes.  You'll be glad you did!








The Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy recording of Brigadoon.  I had a piece to learn (The Heather On The Hill) from this one, so I found a good soundtrack recording to listen to.  Not at all Scottish, but entertaining all the same, and the music is pleasant.








This is the EP that includes "An Honest Man" the theme song for Amazon's Hand Of God.  Good song.  Great album, Xavier is also the NPR Tiny Desk Concert winner.  His story is inspiring, his music is bluesy and real.  Lots of soul.  You should give it a listen.  Then you should buy it. 







That's what's on the "most recent" list of my music.  Hope you find something that you enjoy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!