Monday, August 3, 2015

Three Weeks Later...

As of Aug 1, three weeks after the fall.


It has actually been a little more than three weeks since I pulled a stupid and went walking in the wrong shoes, thus causing myself to fall and strain my right hamstring.  If you have seen the earlier posts about this misadventure, you have seen the bruise in all its technicolor glory.  This is how it looks this week, almost gone.  The last remaining bits are mostly yellow.

I have had three Physical Therapy sessions, and things are going very well.  Swelling is down, and I am able to do more things, wear the snugger fitting jeans, etc.  Adding activities back to the schedule slowly, being careful not to overdo it.   The medical types said it would take MONTHS for the bruising and discoloration to go away.  Not so.  The PT has done wonders. 

Any of you in the 405, if you ever need physical therapy, I highly recommend R & S Optimal Rehab.  They have an office right here in Moore, so it's very convenient, and they are very good at what they do.  (They also take TriCare, obviously.)

I am working hard to get myself back in shape, because I have a couple of trips coming up, and both will involve a lot of walking.  (Also sitting, which has been a problem until recently...)

In other adventures with my aging self, I am going to get more of the dyed hair cut off today, so we may finally find out just exactly how gray I am.  I will try to post a photo.  I don't know if it'll depress me too much or not.  I just really hate the expense, the smell, and the fuss of dying my hair. 
Back view of the hair with most of the colored part cut off.

Front side view of hair with a lot of the color grown out.  Matt says it's "sparkly".

So far, the gray doesn't look too bad.  I am afraid once the rest of the color grows out at the top it's going to be really white on the one side and dark on the other, but we'll see.  Doesn't bother me at all right now.
Please do excuse the poor selfie.  I am pretty tired after my busy Monday, and not looking forward to TWO fillings at the dentist tomorrow, so I look about as wiped out as I feel. 

That's about all the excitement I can stand for one day.  My leg and I are going to retire to our couch with a good book and a heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!