Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dribbles of Poetry

Rainy Thoughts
CKArmistead 2015

Today I saw as I passed by
A large rain puddle full of sky.
The majestic clouds and hints of blue
All on the surface of the water flew.
I have to be mindful of the ground I tread,
But Nature still showed me the wonder above my head.

Time Flies
CK Armistead 2015

The young man standing there
So tall of stature
And dignified of mien,
Was only yesterday, I swear,
A sloppy, slouchy,
Happy go lucky teen.
When did he learn to stand so straight?
When appeared that calm confidence?
Time seems to have a galloping gait,
And to have left me behind long since.
Proud I am to see him so,
 Intelligent, and kind
Sure of where he wants to go,
And with a thoughtful turn of mind.
Well I remember the bright young scamp
That asked for a sticker at the desk
Who sat close at reading time,
Said he liked our stories best,
And long ago stole this teacher's heart of mine.

That's what's been rambling around in my head wanting to be written down lately.
Hope you enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!