Friday, February 27, 2015

The Rest of the Birthday Vacation

Thursday, February 26, 2015
 I tried to get in touch with my voice coach today, but her phone appears to be having a problem.
I did get to go out and share some of the joy that I have been given.
I've taken one walk, and am about to take another.
Goofing off when you're on vacation is mandatory.

Having a husband who loves to cook is such a nice thing when you'd really like to put your feet up before dinner.  When he cleans up his own dishes, it's a marriage made in Heaven!!

A nice glass of Merlot from Canadian River Vineyards and Winery is a very good thing at the end of a busy day.

Doing things to make other people smile is the MOST fun there is!
I had such a good day yesterday, I was out spreading the joy today, and I think I succeeded...

And my darling husband made such wonderful spaghetti sauce that I ate more than I should have and feel rather like a beach ball at the moment.  It was SO good!

It's supposed to snow starting tomorrow and lasting all weekend.  Goody.  We're usually done with this crap by now...
Not supposed to be more than an inch or so total snow tomorrow, though.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Got up at 7:18 today.  Still haven't gotten much done.  Did try the recipe I was toying with for the sesame sticks.  Made those chocolate haystack cookies, but with sesame sticks.  Probably more calories, but a bit more nutrition and fiber, too.

Did some light cleaning, just finished 90 minutes on the elliptical, and am still trying to digest the news that Leonard Nimoy has passed on.  He will be missed.  Mr. Shatner, Mr. Takei, Mr. Koenig and Ms. Nichols are the only original cast left.  I'm guessing Mr. Nimoy, Mr. Kelley, Mrs. Roddenberry,  and Mr. Doohan are having one heck of a fun reunion party about now.  For fans, these actors, and the characters they helped create, are dear friends, family even.  We care about them, and we miss them when they pass on to whatever is next.  (I tend to believe in Heaven, and if my friends and my pets aren't there, then it isn't Heaven.  The God I love wouldn't do that to me.  They're HIS friends and pets, too.)

As I gaze out my office window, I see that there is a very light, dry snow falling.  Doesn't appear to be sticking to anything yet.
Time to go get cleaned up and see what other kind of trouble I can get into on my last official day of vacation.

On this day when we have lost Leonard Nimoy, and we remember that Jimmy Doohan and DeForrest Kelley are also gone, it makes me really conscious of the passing of time.  I just had a birthday.  That means I and all my siblings are older.  That much closer to the end.  I don't want to lose any of them.  Worst, suckiest thing about being the baby is that everybody else is older and liable to leave you behind in one way or another.  I don't want them to go.  I have friends my own age, and friends who are older.  I have younger ones, too.  No guarantees about who goes first, but damn, I don't want to live without any of my friends, or my loved ones.  Photos someone shared on Facebook brought it all home.  I don't wanna be the one at the empty table.

This was shared on Facebook by Chris Cracknell.  Very moving.    
So please, friends, take good care of yourselves.  I know my siblings will try to take care of themselves.  Thoughts and prayers are with those left behind today.  Remember that love never dies, and those we love live on even though we don't find them in this world anymore.  Still, it's hard to get used to the change, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!