Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Birthday Week Part II: The Birthday Itself

The morning started off sunny, but cold.  Had a nice stiff north wind all through my walk.  By the time I got done with my walk and my elliptical time, the clouds had moved in, and it was still cold.  I had to go out to Tinker for a follow up appointment at the clinic.  No big deal, took awhile, though, because the doc gave me a longer prescription for the Muscinex to get me through the allergy season without losing my voice (we hope) or going broke buying Muscinex over the counter.  (More ecologically sound, too, as the prescription variety doesn't have all the foil and paper packaging.)

While I was at the base, I stopped at the BX and found a couple of nice tops and a jacket on sale! Jacket is a bit snug for a medium, but then I realized it's a junior's size, not a misses.  It DOES fit, though, just can't wear sweaters under it like I can my other "motorcycle" jacket.

After I got home, I went out to check the mail and found flowers and a balloon on the porch!
They were from my dear friend Fiona, who lives in Australia!  Now, Fi and I have never met face to face, but we "clicked" right away on Twitter.  We are both Ron Perlman fans, and like a lot of the same music, and have a similar sense of humor.  She has an adorable little boy.  She's kind of like the little sister I never had.  Hayden,her little boy, calls me Auntie Katie.

 I had to make sure he had the right t-shirt and some gluten-free cookies.

I love Fi so much, it seems strange that we have never met in person, because it really feels like we've known each other a long time.  She really made my birthday special with her very thoughtful gift.

I also talked to my Mom today.  Had to let her know what I bought with the birthday money.  Also it's good to check in with your Mom from time to time, you know.  Even when you're as old as I am, your Mom still worries about you.

Our dear friends Mike and Nancy Rogers came over to share the home cured corned beef that Matt made for my birthday dinner.  Always a blessing to have the company of our very dear friends.  They are true friends, been through hell and back with us, and we've tried to be there for them, too.  They brought thoughtful gifts, but the best was their company.
I have here all my cards and gifts (except the Pink Martini concert tickets, which are put away safe until next month.)  I also celebrated by downloading Pink Martini's Sympathique album from Amazon.  I really enjoy their music, and I am looking forward to the concert next month.

There have been many greetings from my Facebook and Twitter friends all day.  It means a lot to know that people think of me and take the time to let me know.  It's been a beautiful day!
Most especially nice to hear from the #Perlgirls on Twitter, and from The Man Himself.  He is good to his fans, especially those of us who've followed since the 80's.  My fellow #Perlgirls are some really special people.  They are funny, supportive, and reliable.  Ladies, I love you all!
Michael Ornstein, you are also loved, and I adore your art.
Ron Perlman, it goes without saying that you are loved, my friend.  So glad to have met you! You are a class act, Mister!

Looking forward to the rest of Birthday week, wherein there will be a committee meeting at work, a little more shopping, and a lot more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!