Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Latest From the Neglected and Lonely Journal

My journal has been a bit neglected lately.  So, it's taken awhile to collect enough things to post from it.

As always, these are random observations, poems in progress, or just ideas for poems that got jotted down, or even just impressions from my reading of song lyrics or poetry.

May 2

Many tasks
Accomplished
List checked off -
Yet I feel
The day
Has escaped
So quickly
Gone
Not savored
Not enjoyed

And when a Spring day
Is warm
Bright
And not too breezy,
It SHOULD be
Savored.
Appreciated
Reveled in.


One lonely bloom
On the new peony
Opens
With show
And splash
And panache
For the other
New ones
We must wait
'till next year
They are still
Working on things
They need to grow roots
 Before they'll be given wings
To zoom
Into bloom!

May 10

So much time lost
So many images past
The weather begins
Making threats
That may not be idle
The political circus
Becomes ever
More strident
And as I search
For calm
And balance
I upset
My own
Equilibrium
By finding
A new coffee
Too much caffeine
NOT conducive
to calm
Contemplation.

Disappointment
With an author/artist
Sadness for
All of us fans
And my friends
Overlooked,
Abandoned,
In order to pursue
The almighty
Dollar.
I guess he fits in
With the current
Political mood
though his writing
Would indicate
Otherwise.


As I age
My body
Makes its displeasure
Apparent
When I try
To do too many
Of the heavy tasks
That need doing.
It tells me with
Aches
Stomach upsets
Keeping me awake
Until I find
The correct combination
Of things to appease it.
It also punishes me
For over indulgence
Much more than
Used to be the case.
Oh, this process
Is not for
The faint of heart...


Cohen lyrics for today:

Joan of Arc
"I saw her wince, I saw her cry,
I saw the glory in her eye.
Myself I long for love and light,
but must it come so cruel,
and oh so bright."

A much more traditional sort of poetry than usual.  Very  tightly constructed, and the message very powerful.


Random Thoughts:

Coffee is like beer- you can't buy it, you can only rent it.  (Archie Bunker, I believe, about beer, anyway.)
The probability of rain is directly related to how badly our lawn needs mowing.

When you work in a library, reading a book at the public service desk is a way to draw customers to you.  It NEVER fails.

Dear dithering driver ahead of me:  It's been a long time since coffee, and it's a long time before wine.  Please stop pissing me off!!!

The Friends of the Library's ongoing book sale is a way for the library to get all the staff's spare change...

If your mind is weary and wants sleep, your body will find ways to keep you awake.
If your body is weary and wants sleep, your mind will rant on and on about everything in the universe and refuse to shut up and let you sleep.


May 21

Monday
You will not
Thwart me
I have a list,
And I have coffee!


May 26

I have a new vice;
Cold Brew Coffee
And almond milk
Oh, my.
So good, so easy to make
cold brew coffee...

Gravity still works alarmingly well.
Found that out on Tuesday.

Yard work makes my
Arms weak and numb-
Especially when I have to use the string trimmer.

Spring
The weather can be SO lovely
And also so ugly.
We have some warning
About the ugly bits, but
Not often a lot
Some days it threatens
But never blows-
Other days it starts out happy
And then,WHAM!
Tornadoes.
Oklahoma
Is schizophrenic
In spring.


Tablet battery ran out
Time to dig Mophie
Out of my purse.

The sound of the beads on her braids,
Making a glorious accompaniment to her
Joyful skipping.
Thank you, beautiful child
For brightening my day.

May 27

Out of sorts
Out of place
Even among those
I love best
Feeling misunderstood
Afraid I've offended
Or will offend
Because I know
I'm odd.
I don't fit.
It's just an INFJ
Kind of day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!