Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Here They Come Again...

Those random thoughts that don't really go together, or make enough for one blog post on their own...


Why do I have so little patience with politicians?  I really DON'T want to listen to them.  I just get the feeling that if their lips are moving, they're lying.

Why are we having potentially severe thunderstorms in FEBRUARY ??!!  This crap isn't SUPPOSED to get serious until MAY.  Go away, Bloody Weather!
(Monty Python reference, for those of you who don't get it...)

How is it that I set out to get some things (like making birthday cards) done, and end up putting it off until it's almost too late?  (Perhaps it's a denial of how swiftly time is passing...)

The heartbreak of forgetting to put on your fitness tracker before a workout when you've just joined a competition on FitBit...

How is it that I gained no weight on a trip when I ate all kinds of fattening stuff, but gained three pounds after I've been home a week?


Strange how close you can be to people who live far away.  I have family and friends like that.  Treasures.  So glad for all the new ways to stay in touch.

I am sick unto death of the presidential race already, and primary season isn't even really kicked off yet.  Sigh.  It's going to be a LONG year.

Why are quality eyeglasses so expensive?  If I don't buy the more expensive frames, they fall apart early.  I am rather hard on my eyeglasses, as I wear them so much.  Lately though, I don't need to wear them 24/7, so I take them off from time to time to let my eyes readjust.  So, I just spent a young fortune on something I need, but may not need to wear all the time.  Nice.

All kinds of shopping is more fun with your girlfriends.  Even if those girlfriends are on Twitter, and not in the store with you.  My sister #PerlGirls helped me pick out my frames for my new glasses and sunglasses today.  I think we did well.  We'll know for sure in about two weeks.

Hey, they showed up early!  I got a text to pick them up this morning. Not too shabby, eh?

Every now and then, I have a really grouchy, self-doubting day and think that I've been deluding myself all along about what my life is really like...

Sometimes, even things that should be good things make you sad.

Trying to get something out of your head and onto a page is the most difficult job there is.  God bless the writers who manage to do this every day.

New glasses always take some getting used to.  These are better than the old ones, but I still have to hold my head at an awkward angle when using the computer sometimes.  As long as I can focus toward the bottom of the screen, I'm good.  Higher up on the page, and I have to tip my head back to see through the proper lens.

Time flies, even when you're sitting on your bum and staring at the wall. (I meant to be reading, but got lost in thought...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!