Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Two and a Half Weeks After The Fall



The bruised leg today - July 28, 215
Things are moving along faster than I had feared they would.  Already the swelling is way down on my injured leg, and the bruise has diminished greatly. 
I attended my first Physical Therapy session on Monday, I go again on Friday.  The therapist says he doesn't think I'll need him for very long.  I am allowed 15 minute walks this week, and things are feeling better.  The leg still gets tired fairly quickly on a walk, making me more able to stick to the 15 minute limit.  I also go a bit slower than normal speed. 
At least now there is the feeling that things will get back to normal.

This has been, and continues to be, the week of many appointments.  PT and the optometrist yesterday, dentist today, grocery shopping tomorrow, PT again on Friday.  I was inactive for the better part of a week, and now, I'm back to 90 miles an hour all the sudden.  Lots to keep track of, lots to remember. 
Lots to do at work, too.  Goal benchmarks coming up, and not enough time or creative juices available to do as good a job as I would like to.  Going to have to round up my troops and see what we can accomplish.

There's a ComicCon in San Antonio in September, and we are going.  Lots of plans to make for the logistics of that adventure.  Hoping to see Mr. P. again, and hoping to meet Michael Ornstein in person finally.  He's been a good Twitter pal.  Also gets me inspired to spend time with my writing.  Not that any good writing comes of it, but I do spend time working on it. This trip is an anniversary gift from Matt.  He'll enjoy it, too.  Wondering what I should wear, how much to pack, NOT doing the cosplay thing, I don't have that much time OR money.  (Besides, I want Ron and Michael to have a chance to recognize me.)
The trip to the optometrist means that soon I will have to decide on new glasses.  Sigh.  I always despise the process.  I have frames I like now, and chances are, NO ONE, not even the people who sold them to me in the first place, will want to put new lenses in them.  I need new sunglasses, too, not just because of the prescription, but because the old ones are now somewhat munched in the upper right hand corner.  (Also, I know them to be carnivorous.  They have drawn blood.) 

Add to all this the fact that I'm letting my hair revert to whatever it is naturally these days.  Yep.  Going to find out just how grey the old mare is.  Next haircut (on Monday) will reveal a lot.  Oh, well.  I'll match my siblings a lot better.  I've decided though, that if it makes me look too dragged out, too old, I'll find some less expensive way to brighten it up a bit, if I can.

These are the many complications in the plot that is my life these days.  Hoping to get some more stories read for my pal Hayden,now that I can sit on the floor again! Also trying to figure out how to get a plastic book bag into a greeting card so I can mail it to Australia for a reasonable sum. Well, I can probably put it in a large envelope and mail it at the Post Office for not a whole lot.  (It's got Pete the Cat on it!)

So grateful for all my online friends.  You guys really saved me when I was stuck being still with this leg elevated.  Your encouragement helped, and your jokes cheered me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!