Monday, July 13, 2015

First "Normal" Day With An Injured Leg

Oh, joy.  The things you take for granted until it hurts to do them.  Like sitting in your car, driving, and walking more than 10 feet. 

My leg actually hurts less, but it is swollen now, so it feels weird.  Feels like there's something under my leg any time I sit normally in a chair.  Been icing it a lot today.  Supposedly need to start with warm packs soon.  Bruise didn't show up until Sat. night late, though.  It didn't even swell up right after I was hurt.  Just hurt like you don't want to know what, and felt at times like it was made of foam rubber.
Driving was actually possible today, but my leg is still not enthusiastic about it. Standing for long periods of time makes the swelling feel worse, but walking seems to help a little.  Ice packs help, too, but it is SO fun to try to ice the BACK of your thigh.  (The ENTIRE thing, almost groin to knee, AND a bit beyond the knee...)  I end up half sitting on the cold pack.  Going to have to lie on my stomach on the floor, prop my foot on the couch or my chair, and  balance the ice pack on my thigh, if I'm supposed to both ice and elevate...)

There's the Bruise, in all it's magnificence.

Also the joy of switching all my info over to the replacement phone.  This was made much easier with the assistance of the very nice folks at my local Verizon store.  Have I mentioned that I love Verizon?  Well, I do.  They are the only carrier that gets service reliably where my Mom lives, and they are always genuinely helpful when you go into the store.  Just the other day, when I went in to find out the procedure for filing a claim, they got our bill reduced by reducing our data plan, since we hardly use any data.  (We can bump it up for a month when we need to, like when we go to conventions.)  They also told us about a military discount we never realized we were entitled to.  Saving us LOTS of money, which is helpful in the wake of paying for new siding and trying to save up for the convention. You should definitely check out what Verizon has on offer if you are getting close to contract end on your cell service.  Love, love, love my Verizon peeps.  (Shout out to the Moore store!  You guys ROCK!)

My phone is all switched over, including all apps, wallpaper, and lock screen.  COOL BEANS. AND the Weather/clock app that disappeared on the old phone is back on this one!  Even AFTER the Lollipop update!  So, the switch is  not entirely a bad thing. Just wish I didn't HAVE to do it.  Hate having to sit out my exercise and watch my weight go up in spite of eating less.  Guess I'll have to get the weights out and try to keep up with all the upper body work, or figure out which ones I can do left leg only for the lower body...

Also not fond of the fact that all this has cost us money.  One moment of inattention can be very costly indeed.  I wasn't expecting slick pavement at that point, and so I failed to see the water in the gutter.  (All because I was trying to avoid a known muddy area. Go figure.) 

So, here I am trying to figure out the best approach to speeding this Bruise From Hell on its way, and wishing I could afford the calories for a majorly sinful indulgence in something sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!