Monday, December 29, 2014

Things that Bug Me

Fingers that are unbending and a bit sore when I wake up.
Eyes that take longer to focus.
Housework that seems to multiply exponentially overnight.
Electronic devices that have "helpful" software.
The way my thumbnails seem to reach a certain length and then disintegrate.
People who don't know how to play stop sign.
Freight trains that are 5 to 7 miles long and pass SLOWLY through town at rush hour.
The fact that Texas won't keep its blasted cedar pollen to itself.
When OU's football team acts like they can't remember how to play football.  Makes my friends sad.
How time speeds up when I have something important I need to finish, or when I have something good to read.

These are merely minor irritations.  There are many things in this world that disturb me greatly.  Probably the same things that disturb most people.  Injustice.  The increase of poverty. Racism.  The unrelenting slavery to greed.  Those things require reflection and discussion.  These little irritations merely need a mention, so as to get them off my mind, and perhaps for others to say , "Ha. Yeah, me, too."
So, these are my pet peeves du jour.  I am sure on other days, I will think of other things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!