Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Summations

Things I discovered today:

1.  Tiny pieces of onion skins are really a sentient life form.  They are tenacious, resourceful, and have the ability to reproduce.  Obviously, because they are ubiquitous, and  they evade every standard cleaning measure except being picked up individually, by hand.
 

2.  When God really needs you to be somewhere, you will be there.  Happened to be in the right place at the right time to help someone today.  Nice to know that we can all be instruments used to make someone's day!

3.  The beer worth drinking is usually expensive. 

4. Few things are as precious as good friends you can have fun with.

5. Apple pies can retain heat for a LONG time.

6. If OU has a week off between football games, they will forget how to play before the next game.

7. Coffee is like beer.  You can't buy it, you can only rent it. (Original quote from Archie Bunker : "Yez can't buy beer, yez can only rent it.")

8. Laundry never sleeps.

9.  Two people can get a house messier than a family with 2 kids and a dog and a cat.  At least the two of us can.  (It's called having too many hobbies...)


10.  I find myself loving music now that I would have been mortified to be caught listening to when I was a teen.  Shows how much influence peer pressure had at one point.  Now, I love the songs that my Mom listened to.  (Well, maybe not Tammy Wynette) The big band tunes, Sinatra, Dean Martin, even early Elvis.  Nothing can get your feet moving quite like "Sing, Sing, Sing."  The music of the Big Band Era just sounds like it was fun to play.  Hard to not have a great time and be in a great mood when that music plays.  My parents' "song" was "Mares Eat Oats"  because the jukebox was broken at Camp (now Fort) Rucker where they met.  That was the only song it would play.
I don't know whose version they heard, because the earliest recording I could find is dated 1944. They met in '43, I think.
Here's a link


Just my little insights gleaned this Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!