Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vacation Adventures and List Amendments

Since I last posted my music lists, I have purchased few new albums. 
They are:  The Diving Board by Elton John
A Short sample of a song from The Diving Board
Dog Train by Sandra Boynton and friends
Sneakers from Dog Train
Highwayman 2
Don't have one I really want to share from this one.
Frog Trouble by Sandra Boynton and friends. Listen to a sample here:
 Deepest Blue from Frog Trouble
They are all very good, but I think Frog Trouble may be my favorite.  I haven't listened to all of Elton's newest yet, and I always enjoy his music.  It was the soundtrack for a lot of my adolescence.

Ah, the vacation adventures.  Well, this is day 3 of my one week September vacation from the library.  (Use it or lose it leave.)  I am trying to get in shape for a week of yardwork at Mom's with my sister the second week in October.  Yesterday kicked my behind, but I am going to be at it again today.  The front yard is almost done, but the back looks awful.
Monday was voice lesson and grocery shopping.  Yesterday was front yard work, today it's the back yard, and Thursday is house cleaning, a little laundry, and packing stuff to ship to Mom's so I don't have to bring a suitcase.  Friday is mailing the boxes, getting my hair done and making goodies for my Monday evening program table at the library.

Yesterday and today I did yard work, and I have about worn myself out.  I only hope I survive better when we get to Mom's next month.  I run out of gas and get achy a lot quicker than I used to!
Here are the before shots of the front and back yards...





































So now you can see the fruits of all that labor I have engaged in during what is supposed to be a break from work. 
Tomorrow I clean house, do a little laundry, pack boxes to go to Mom's for my visit there, and Friday is running around day.
Right now it is bug Matt about making dinner and crash time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!