Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Merry Christmas

A very foggy Christmas Eve,
And I  was hoping Santa had Rudolph with him
For none of the tall buildings downtown
Could be seen at all
Through the fog.
And this morning,  the wind has come up,
It tugs with relentless fingers at the fog,
And the darkness.
It sets the skies to clearing a bit
And gives us a chance to see the light.
Oh, could we but keep the joy
And goodwill of this day
In all the dark times
That are sure to come
In this life
In a world still broken
In spite of all that has been done
In the name of healing
And love.
So blessed
Spent time with people who mean a lot
To me
To be able to sing, to worship,
And to share the joy
That bubbles up in my heart this day.
Replete.  Full.  Content.
The day has been a good one,
I have perhaps eaten too much, but it is a season for feasting.
I have yet to drink, and I could do so in style,
As I  was given a new cocktail shaker for Christmas.
So many good friends seen, hugged, and heard from this last two days, and the texts from the siblings,  too.
Such a joyful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!