Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Poetic Ghosts

Poems found in old journals.

From 11/2/2005

The subtle process of poetry
Is lately rather lost to me.
I scratch a few pathetic lines
Wishing for more inspired rhymes.

Always interrupted by dog or cat
Or by laundry, or supper, or such as that
My work has dwindled down to naught
Or exists merely in the realm of thought.
-CK Armmistead

March 21, 2008

Oh glorious temptations
Oh bright forbidden fruits
Why do you call me constantly
Away from nobler pursuits?

Why make me dream of chocolate,
Of caramel and peanut butter,
Why tempt me with the evil fat
That causes my heart (and thighs!) to flutter?

Away, away oh fattening things
Do not dance before my mind's eye
Do not lead me to overindulge
For I must diet until I die!

-CK Armistead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!