Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Little Time Off to Celebrate An Anniversary

I have taken this week off of work, mostly because I need to burn some leave, and I won't be going to Alabama this fall.  I also took the time because it is the week our 32nd wedding anniversary comes around.  (Tomorrow.)
Our anniversary is the first day of Autumn.  My husband picked the day, because we had to plan around when he could get leave from the Air Force.  I told him he better NEVER forget the anniversary, and so far, he hasn't.  We won't be doing a whole lot, but he took the day off also, and we'll go and play tourist downtown.  Maybe see the Memorial, walk across the Swallowtail footbridge, see what's new in Bricktown.  I will take photos, and try to remember to post them.

This week has not turned out much like I wanted it to so far.  Monday was a typical Monday for me, errands and voice lesson.  Tuesday, I did yard work, but was thwarted in my attempts to do all the work I WANTED to do by the fact that our extension branch loppers have a rotten rope, which broke when I tried to use them to cut a high branch.  Strange, they worked the last time I used them, guess the rope just reached the critical rotten point since then. It's only been a few weeks.

Today I just did a few errands and took a long walk, and goofed off.  Got a free cafe mocha at the Target Starbucks, because I had a coupon.  Bought a chocolate croissant to go with it.  Drove myself downtown for choir practice because it was Soprano and Alto only this week.

So, that's what I've been up to, besides bemoaning the heat and wishing for the end of summer.  Also wishing for the end of campaign season.  Praying for the victory of reason and inclusiveness over batshit crazy and hatred.  From what I've seen of some people lately, I am very afraid for this country.  Why on earth can't we remember that compromise is not a dirty word, and that democracy only works well when EVERYBODY has a voice?  Praying a lot.  We're going to need all the help we can get to survive this one.

I shall report on our wanderings tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!