Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday Snippets

Time to post my rambles for the week.  Not a lot of serious writing has gone on.  There has been a bit of a dark mood hanging around, making me seek solace in reading and ignoring the outside world whenever possible.

Today has been laundry, walking, errands, dishes, and dinner at Falcone's!  (At least dinner was fabulous!!)

Here are my daily bits, to be followed by a list of the most recent music list additions.



3/13/16

Not much to say
On such a day
It's not even April
And the Mayflies
Are out.



3/14//16
Pi day.
We had beef pot pie
Home made
With leftover stew as filling.
Good.

All the trees and flowers
Have long since decided
That it is Spring.

Lots of daffodils blooming, 
Trees blooming, a few even
Starting to sport leaves.
Nature has hope,
No matter what the rest of us seem to feel.


3/18/6

So neglectful of my promise,
But some days,
I just CANNOT write.
No time
No energy
No inspiration.


3/19/16

I think I am making up now for the days in my teens and early 20s when I either could not afford, or just couldn't find "cute" bras that would fit me.  
Being a "normal" or even somewhat small band size, but requiring a large cup size means that your bras are expensive, even if they aren't very sexy, or very "cute".  
My first ones even, were very utilitarian, with underwires and stiff stays in the sides.  Sears had the unmitigated gall to call them the "Ahh Bra".  HA!!!  I have ridges in my shoulders and my ribcage because of those things!  

I still need an underwire, but technology has improved greatly since 1974, and I don't notice them anymore.  
I also got myself professionally measured again, because age changes things, and I found that while the band size is the same, the cup size is larger.  This means an even smaller selection of possible foundation garments, and until my husband did some research and found Panache Sport, no sports bras the right size, either.
Now I have wonderful sports bras that actually fit, support, and are comfortable, but Panache makes an entire line of absolutely beautiful bras and other lingerie.  (Swimsuits, too!)  

I now have a collection of bras that are actually cute.


Matt appreciates  them, but I don't wear them for him.  I wear them and enjoy them for the way they make me feel.  Wearing any of these, I am comfortable, yes, but I also feel beautiful, confident, and special.  Support for my body AND my spirit!



Housework and laundry never end.  A lot like in-house checkin and book drops at the library.  Maybe that's one reason so many of us who toil in libraries are female - we crave order, and we are used to the unending process that creates it.

Speaking of the housework, I just heard the dryer beep.  Time to go fold and put away my workout clothes.  


All right, my clothes are all folded and put away, and I've made myself a margarita, because it's Saturday night, and #KatieMargarita wanted a drink!

Here are the albums I have added since the last time I did a music update:
 
 And Winter Came by Enya   


Dark Sky Island by Enya

Guess I got nostalgic for some Enya music, and I wanted new stuff.

Emoji Antique by Postmodern Jukebox
Old fashioned covers of new songs.  Some are much better than the originals.

Top Hat on Fleek by Postmodern Jukebox.  
Yet more vintage remakes of current hits.  


I got on a real nostalgia kick, and ordered the complete movie soundtrack edition.  Keeps me hoppin' when I'm working out.  (Also, unfortunately reminds me that I am NOT 17 anymore...)

Best of Bowie -  When David Bowie passed, I realized that the only album of his I ever owned was a vinyl that had long since gone.  So, I found this and now I can have his music whenever I need it once again.
David Bowie's last album.  Has some good moments, but I find the older hits more comforting.


Elton John - Rocket Man- The Definitive Hits  A great trip back in time for me, I've been a fan of Elton's since 1972.  

Wonderful Crazy Night by Elton John- A good album.  I like Blue Wonderful a lot, it reminds me of some of his earlier things.  I have just always liked Elton , the way he sings, and the way he and Bernie Taupin always told the best stories in song.


Frank Sinatra A Voice On Air  This is a treasure trove of history as well as classic Sinatra performances.  These recordings of radio broadcasts can really take you back in time, especially the ones made during the war. 

And now for something COMPLETELY different:

I heard about this next group on NPR, where they were described as being Klesmer meets Middle Eastern folk music, meets funk, meets jazz -- They really are indescribable.  





These are the only two of their albums I bought.  They are very unusual, interesting, and sound more like spy movie background music in some cases than ordinary music you would listen to, but I do enjoy them, their originality is refreshing.

Well, that's this weeks updates.  
Hope you had a good week, and I hope next week is a good one, too.  For some of us, it is Holy Week, which means a lot of church time, and for choir members, a lot of singing.  Thankfully, our choir only has Good Friday and one Easter Sunday service this year.  Not a lot of extra work for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!