Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Third Week Of Advent

Last Sunday we lit the third candle on the Advent wreath, the candle of joy.  Only problem is, this year, I'm not really feelin' it.  Oh, I'm content enough, but I just don't have the anticipation that I usually feel for the Holiday season.  Christmas has become just another set of chores.  This makes me sad, because I have always loved this time of year. Usually, you can feel the extra joy and caring in the air, but this year, everything seems so sinister, and depressing.  So much hate right here in our own country, so many hard hearts, so little compassion. 
Even the traditions I cherish are not giving me much peace or joy this year.  I don't feel particularly depressed or anything, just kind of blah.  Hard to get excited about anything much right now. 
I know there are good things happening, there are LOTS of caring people around still, but the overwhelming media blitz of idiots spouting hate is blotting it out.  Let's hear more about the good things people do, and less about the politicians who just say whatever to get attention. 

Let those of us who are Christians act a bit more like Jesus, and a bit less like the Pharisees.  Let us all be a bit less swift to judge, and a lot faster to offer help. 

I wish for all of you a season of peace and joy, of little things that bring comfort, and loved ones to share it with.  I wish for all of us a world where love grows and hatred fades, and where the joy we are supposed to find in this season is ours all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!