Friday, May 22, 2015

Poetry Has Happened Again...



Stubborn Love
By C.K. Armistead
May 2015

And what am I
That thou shouldst
Love me?
What worth hast
Thou seen
That none other can?
Why do you forgive my faults
When I insist
On counting them,
Wearing their number
Like a badge of
Dishonor
Proving that I
Am worthless?
Why dost thou love?
And with such persistence!
I know myself to be
Unworthy.
But oh, I treasure
That love of thine.



Hoarding
By C.K. Armistead
May 2015
And so I put
The three small pieces
Of chocolate
Back into the bag.
Extra saved for
Another day.
Instead of a splurge
For today.
I never wanted to become
This careful person,
This hoarder of today’s
Good things
Against tomorrow’s scarcity.
For there’s no guarantee
Of tomorrow.
And when did I become
This way
With my love?
Hoarding the one thing
That grows
If you give it away?
All I have done
Is impoverish my todays.
And my joys,
I try to hoard those
As well.
But joy unshared
Festers in storage
And begins to reek.
My solitary nature
Is averse to all
The good things I seek.

Amber
By C.K. Armistead
May 2015

O frozen blood
Of ancient tree,
Held in the thrall
Of time for me

The fire trapped
In thy soft stone
A future mapped,
Retold by a crone

In thy occluded heart
Memories of the past
Are safely caught
And held fast

O frozen tears
Of Earth's lost art,
Even after thousands of years,
Your beauty warms my heart.



I  have felt like I'm just marking time lately.  The arrival of finished poems on the page helps.  The fact that I have actually accomplished some things I set out to do today helps.  It is indeed a good thing that life comes to us one day at a time.  I must remember that when I get overwhelmed by what I must do, must deal with.  
Thursday Night At The Library is over for another week, and tomorrow's FRIDAY!!!  
Life is indeed good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please be civil!